Effective as of 03/08/2022
We may provide additional or supplemental privacy policies to individuals for specific products or services that we offer at the time we collect personal information. These supplemental privacy policies will govern how we may process the information in the context of the specific product or service.
Table of Contents
- Personal Information We Collect
- How We Use Your Personal Information
- How We Share your Personal Information
- Your Choices
- Other sites, mobile applications and services
- Security practices
- International data transfers
- How to Contact Us
Personal Information We Collect
Information you provide to us. We may collect the following personal information from you through or in connection with the Service or from third parties:
- Business Contact Information, such as your first and last name, email and mailing adress, phone number, professional title and company name.
- Content you choose to upload to the Service, such as text and images, along with the metadata associated with the files you upload.
- Account information, such as your email address and password that youmay set to establish an online account with us and preferences.
- Payment information, such as payment card information (billing name, credit card number, expiration data, CVV, and billing address) that is collected and processed by our payment processors, such Stripe, PayPal, or Braintree, as further described below in the “How We Share Your Personal Information” section.
- Feedback or correspondence, such as information you provide when you contact us with questions, feedback, or otherwise correspond with us online.
- Transaction information, such as information about payments to and from you and other details of products or services you have purchased from us.
- Usage information, such as information about how you use the Service and interact with us, including information associated with any content you upload to the Service or otherwise submit to us, and information you provide when you use any interactive features of the Service.
- Marketing information, such as your preferences for receiving communications about our activities, events, and publications, and details about how you engage with our communications.
If you choose to login to the Service via a third-party platform or social media network, or otherwise connect your account on the third-party platform or network to your account through the Service, we may collect information from that platform or network. For example, this information may include your Facebook username, email address, user ID, profile picture, cover photo, and networks to which you belong (e.g.,school, workplace). You may also have the opportunity to provide us with additional information via the third-party platform or network, such as a list of your friends or connections and your email address. You can read more about your privacy choices in the “Third party platforms” portion of the “Your Choices”section.
Information we obtain from other third parties. We may receive personal information about you from third-party sources. For example, a business partner may share your contact information with us if they believe you would be interested in learning about our products or services, or the types of products or services we offer. We may obtain your personal information from other third parties, such as marketing partners, publicly available sources and data providers. We collect a user's email address
- Single Sign On, when using the Single Sign On product security feature
- Facebook, when a user connects Marpipe to Facebook for use of Marpipe’s integration and services
- Google, when a user connects Marpipe to GoogleDisplay Network for use of Marpipe’s integration and services
Automatic data collection. If you use our Service or communicate with us, we, and our service providers may automatically log the following types of information about you, your computer or mobile device, and your interactions over time with us:
- Device data, such as your computer’s or mobile device's operating system type and version, manufacturer and model, browser type, screen resolution, RAM and disk size, CPU usage, device type (e.g., phone, tablet), IP address, unique identifiers (such as device identifiers), language settings, mobile device carrier, radio/network information (e.g., Wi-Fi, LTE, 3G), and general location information such as city, state or geographic area.
- Online activity data, such as pages or screens you viewed, how long you spent on a page or screen, the website you visited before browsing to the website, navigation paths between pages or screens, information about your activity on a page or screen, access times and duration of access, and whether you have opened our marketing emails or clicked links within them.
Cookies and similar technologies. Like many online services, weuse the following technologies:
- Cookies, which are text files thatwebsites store on a visitor’s device to uniquely identify the visitor’s browseror to store information or settings in the browser for the purpose of helpingyou navigate between pages efficiently, remembering your preferences, enabling functionality, helping us understand useractivity and patterns, and facilitating analytics and online advertising.
- Local storage technologies, like HTML5, that providecookie-equivalent functionality but can store larger amounts of data, includingon your device outside of your browser in connection with specificapplications.
- Web beacons, also known as pixel tags orclear GIFs, which are used to demonstrate that a webpage or email was accessedor opened, or that certain content was viewed or clicked.
- IP Address Location, DBIP.com, views your IP addressand identifies what country you are in. We use this to dynamically identify what currency to use on the website.
These technologies may be used for the following purposes:
- Technical operation. To allow the technical operation of the Service, such as by remembering your selections and preferences as you navigate the website, and whether you are logged in when you visit password protected areas of the Service.
- Analytics. To help us understand user activity on the Service, including which pages are most and least visited and how visitors move around the Service, as well as user interactions with our emails. We may use third-party analytics service providers such as Google Analytics, Segment.io, and Mixpanel for this purpose.For example, we use Google Analytics to learn more about the types of users that visit our website and to help improve our website. To provide this service, Google Analytics may collect certain information about you from your computer, including the pages you visit, the length of your visit, information about your device (such as your IP address), and other information about you. You can learn more about Google Analytics and how it collects and processes data by visiting https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites. You can opt out of Google Analytics by using the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on, available at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/, or by disabling cookies on your browser.
How We Use Your Personal Information
Service Delivery. We use your personal information to:
- provide, operate and improve the Service;
- establish and maintain your account or profile;
- facilitate your login to the Service via third-party identity and access management providers, such as Facebook;
- enable security features of the Service, such as by sending you security codes via email and remembering devices from which you have previously logged in;
- facilitate social features of the Service, such as providing chat or messaging functionality;
- communicate with you, including by sending you announcements, updates, security alerts, and
- support and administrative messages;
- understand your needs and interests, and personalize your experience with the Service and our communications; and
- provide support and maintenance for the Service, and respond to your requests, questions and feedback.
Research and development. We may use your personal information for research and development purposes, including to analyze and improve theService. As part of these activities, we may create aggregated, de-identified or anonymous data from personal information we collect. We may use this aggregated, de-identified or anonymous data and share it with third parties for our lawful business purposes, including to analyze and improve the Service and promote our Service.
Marketing. We, our service providers and our third-party advertising partners may collect and use your personal information for marketing and advertising purposes:
- Direct marketing. We may send you Marpipe-related marketing communications as permitted by law. You may opt-out of our marketing communications as described in the Opt-out of marketing section below.
Compliance and protection. We may use your personal information to:
- comply with applicable laws, lawful requests, and legal process, such as to respond to subpoenas or requests from government authorities;
- protect our, your or others’ rights, privacy, safety or property (including by making and defending legal claims);
- audit our internal processes for compliance with legal and contractual requirements or our internal policies;
- enforce the terms and conditions that govern the website or otherwise; and
- prevent, identify, investigate and deter fraudulent, harmful, unauthorized, unethical or illegal activity, including cyberattacks and identity theft.
With your consent. In some cases we may specifically ask for your consent to collect, use or share your personal information, such as when required by law.
How We Share Your Personal Information
Service providers. Third parties that provide services on our behalf or help us operate the Service (such as customer support, hosting, analytics, email delivery, marketing, and database management services).
Payment processors. Any payment card information you use to make a purchase on the Service is collected and processed directly by our payment processors, such as Stripe, PayPal, or Braintree. These payment processors may use your information, including payment information, in accordance with their respective privacy policies.
Third-party platforms and social media networks. Third-party platforms or social media networks if you have enabled features or functionality that connect the Service to such platforms or networks (such as by logging in to the Service using your account with the third-party or otherwise linking your account with the Service to a third-party’s services). We do not control the third party’s use of your personal information.
Advertising partners. Third-party advertising companies for the interest-based advertising purposes described above.
Professional advisors. Professional advisors, such as lawyers, bankers, auditors and insurers, where necessary in the course of the professional services that they render to us.
Authorities and others. Law enforcement, government authorities, and private parties, as we believe in good faith to be necessary or appropriate for the compliance and protection purposes described above.
Business transfers. Acquirers and other relevant participants in business transactions (or negotiations and diligence for such transactions) involving a corporate divestiture, merger, consolidation, acquisition, reorganization, sale or other disposition of all or any portion of the business or assets of, or equity interests in, Marpipe or our affiliates (including, in connection with a bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
In this section, we describe the rights and choices available to all users.
Access or Update Your Information. If you have registered for an account with us, you may review and update certain personal information in your account profile by logging into the account.
Opt-out of marketing communications. You may opt out of marketing-related emails by following the opt-out or unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of the email, or by contacting us at email@example.com. You may continue to receive service-related and other non-marketing emails.
Cookies. Most browser settings let you delete and reject cookies placed by websites. Many browsers accept cookies by default until you change your settings. If you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use all functionality of the Service and it may not work properly. For more information about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set on your browser and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
Analytics. We may use Google Analytics to help us understand user activity on our website. You can learn more about Google Analytics and how it collects and processes data by visiting https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites. You can opt out of Google Analytics by using the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on, available at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/, or by disabling cookies on your browser.
Advertising choices. You can limit use of your information for interest-based advertising by:
- Browser settings. Blocking third-party cookies in your browser settings.
- Privacy browsers/plug-ins. By using privacy browsers or ad-blocking browser plug-ins that let you block tracking technologies.
- Platform settings. Google, Microsoft, Facebook, and Twitter offer opt-out features that let you opt-out of use of your information for interest-based advertising:
- Google: https://adssettings.google.com/
- Microsoft: https://advertise.bingads.microsoft.com/en-us/resources/policies/personalized-adso
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/about/adso
- Twitter: https://help.twitter.com/en/safety-and-security/privacy-controls-for-tailored-ads
- Ad industry tools. Opting out of interest-based ads from companies participating in the following industry opt-out programs:
- Network Advertising Initiative: http://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp
- Digital Advertising Alliance: optout.aboutads.info.
- AppChoices mobile app, available at https://www.youradchoices.com/appchoices, which will allow you to opt-out of interest-based ads in mobile apps served by participating members of the Digital Advertising Alliance.
- Mobile settings. Using your mobile device settings to limit use of the advertising ID associated with your mobile device for interest-based advertising purposes. You will need to apply these opt-out settings on each device from which you wish to opt-out. Please note that we also may work with companies that offer their own opt-out mechanisms and may not participate in the opt-out mechanisms that we linked to above. Do Not Track. Some Internet browsers may be configured to send “Do Not Track” signals to the online services that you visit. We currently do not respond to “Do Not Track” or similar signals. To find out more about “Do Not Track,” please visit http://www.allaboutdnt.com.Third-party platforms. If you choose to connect to the Service through your social media account or other third-party platform, you may be able to use your settings in your account with that platform to limit the information we receive from it. If you revoke our ability to access information from a third-party platform, that choice will not apply to information that we have already received from that third party.
Other sites and services
The Service may contain links to other websites, mobile applications, and other online services operated by third parties. In addition, our content may be included on web pages or other online services that are not associated with us. These links and integrations are not an endorsement of, or representation that we are affiliated with, any third party. We do not control websites, mobile applications or online services operated by third parties, and we are not responsible for their actions. We encourage you to read the privacy policies of the other websites and mobile applications and online services you use.
We employ organizational, technical and physical safeguards designed to protect the personal information we collect. However, security risk is inherent in all internet and information technologies and we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information.
International data transfers
We are headquartered in the United States and have service providers in other countries, and your personal information may be transferred to the United States or other locations outside of your state, province, or country where privacy laws may be different from those in your state, province, or country.
Our website is not intended for use by children under 16 years of age. If we learn that we have collected personal information through our website from a child under 16 without the consent of the child’s parent or guardian as required by law, we will delete it. We encourage parents or guardians with concerns to contact us.
How to Contact Us