What’s the Job?
Marpipe is a fast-growing, early stage technology platform bringing data-driven decision making to the creative process in advertising. With a platform that’s generating rapid user growth, we’ve already delivered results with marquee customers including Segment, Mars, Tubi, and PepsiCo.
We’re looking for a senior sales leader to build and grow our sales, marketing and customer success operations to drive revenue. Reporting to the CEO, this role will have the opportunity to develop a sales organization from the ground-up in a highly intrapreneurial & entrepreneurial capacity. You’ll be supported by our team of excellent designers and engineers for sales collateral and revenue-optimized feature development. Success in this role will be defined specifically by revenue generated.
What You’ll Do
- Sales Management & Leadership - during onboarding, you’ll assume responsibility over the existing sales pipeline, which includes both inbound and outbound funnels as well as paid acquisition channels. From there, you’ll lead and own all sales channels and business development, which includes managing product-led growth, establishing agency partnerships, and closing enterprise deals.
- GTM - you’ll own the go-to-market strategy with a goal to refine the sales funnel, shorten the sales cycle, and therefore drive revenue. You will guide our revenue forecasts and direct the focus of our sales efforts and in turn inform the product roadmap.
- Pipeline Growth - you’ll implement your preferred CRM best practices and be responsible for tracking and reporting on the status of the sales pipeline including refining customer segmentation and prioritization.
- Reporting & Communication - you’ll be responsible for clearly articulating to the CEO, the team at-large, and our investors how we have our hands on the wheel, have credible plans, and are hitting home runs.
- Network Building & Relationship Management - you’ll be a lead evangelist of Marpipe to the creative and marketing community, wherein you’ll open and nurture relationships with key decision makers.
- Team Development - as the sales budget grows, you’ll be responsible for implementing your own recruiting and hiring strategy to grow and lead a high-performing sales organization.
- Results - you’ll meet or exceed a team sales objective/quota.
Who Are We Looking For?
- Experience - at least 8 years’ experience with demonstrated success in a similar leadership role from an early-stage technology company.
- Technical Knowledge - familiarity with digital advertising metrics, practices, and technology landscape.
- Communication - proactive and clear verbal and written communicator, with a track record of building consensus amongst teams.
- Get It Done Attitude - you are scrappy, resourceful, and relentless, doing what needs to be done to drive success for your team and for the business.
- Organizational Superpowers - you can manage multiple workflows, maintain a tight control of your inbox, and know how to shepherd stakeholders through every stage of a deal.
- Background - career history that touches advertising or marketing is a must. Experience with SaaS and software sales models is highly preferred.
Who We Are?
We’re a martech team with a young DNA that’s obsessed with the science and data behind creativity. But more importantly, we believe in a collective responsibility to break down the barriers between creativity and data. We encourage playfulness, having fun with your role, unorthodox approaches, and we’re highly versed in meme-craft.
We’ve been named by Business Insider as one of the companies most likely to success in the COVID era, we recently won #2 on Product Hunt, and we won 1st place at Martech Venture Day NYC 2019. Marpipe is backed by some of the best partners in the industry, including Adobe, MediaMath (Math Capital), Laconia Capital, and TIA Ventures.
Job Type: Full-time
Reports To: CEO
Compensation: Competitive - combination of salary and equity, commensurate with experience.
We appreciate and thank you in advance for your interest in our openings. At this time, only qualified candidates selected for next steps will be contacted. Direct applicants only, no third-party staffing inquiries.
Marpipe is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.